From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glep 23 and glep 5
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 04:05:18
1 On 03/19/04 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > On Friday 19 March 2004 05:50, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
7 > > The idea was to put things where they belong to. Information about
8 > > the package belongs into metadata.xml, information howto install the
9 > > package into the ebuild.
10 >
11 > Depending on your viewpoint this would necessitate one of two options
12 > due to LICENSE being able to depend on information from IUSE:
13 >
14 > 1) Things stay as is.
15 > 2) Both LICENSE and IUSE move to metadata.xml
16 >
17 > Both have their merits and I'm not sure which I like best, but I think
18 > it has to be one or the other.
19
20 Well, IUSE is often version dependent, so I don't think moving it to
21 metadata.xml is a viable option as I'm sure we don't want to use the
22 restrict tag by default (would make things rather complex and
23 errorprone).
24
25 Marius
30 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
31 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.