From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups: -apm -foomaticdb -fortran -imlib -motif -oss -xmms
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:25:10
1 On Monday 05 June 2006 23:25, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Well, it doesn't affect stages, and GRP stuff is done w/ USE=bindist, so
3 > again, this is a non-issue.
4
5 Well, I didn't mean our binary releases, but being held liable for making
6 property of others available by default, without the permission to do so.
7 Probably not the point, though, since if this argument would be tested, it
8 would already suffice, that the ebuilds are in Portage. My main point is the
9 security status anyways. I don't think we can ensure, that we'll catch known
10 vulnerabilitis for these codecs. I strongly suggest to remove the use flag.
13 > Again, I haven't been in the habit of removing anything I haven't seen a
14 > bug about. I'll remove avi now.
15
16 Wasn't a reproach (in case you took it for that). Just noticed it.
19 Carsten