From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dynamic SLOTs
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 07:26:42

I have prepared a first draft of 'dynamic SLOT' specification. This is
my proposal in attempt to solve the problem of building packages for
multiple Python and Ruby versions. It could also be reused for multilib.

The spec tries to explain the broad idea, and all problems relevant to
it. It also lists a few problems which are still unsolved and I think
they will cause the spec to change after hearing your ideas.

To be honest, I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Please don't
say it doesn't solve all the world problems because it simply won't.

I'm attaching a reStructuredText version of the spec. You can view it
rendered as a gist[1]. But please keep the replies on the list, rather
than forking the gist.

Best regards,
Michał Górny

File name MIME type