From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dynamic SLOTs
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 07:26:42
1 Hello,
2
3 I have prepared a first draft of 'dynamic SLOT' specification. This is
4 my proposal in attempt to solve the problem of building packages for
5 multiple Python and Ruby versions. It could also be reused for multilib.
6
7 The spec tries to explain the broad idea, and all problems relevant to
8 it. It also lists a few problems which are still unsolved and I think
9 they will cause the spec to change after hearing your ideas.
10
11 To be honest, I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Please don't
12 say it doesn't solve all the world problems because it simply won't.
13
14 I'm attaching a reStructuredText version of the spec. You can view it
15 rendered as a gist[1]. But please keep the replies on the list, rather
16 than forking the gist.
17
18 [1]:https://gist.github.com/2943774
21 Best regards,