From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Setting USE_EXPAND defaults in profiles (in some cases)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 03:30:22
1 For ebuilds that use USE_EXPAND to pull in other dependencies rather
2 than just internally building drivers (I suspect xorg is the only one),
3 I've been thinking of a way to make the whole setup cleaner.
4
5 agaffney suggested this in the first place, and every time I think about
6 it, it seems like a better idea. If we set VIDEO_CARDS and INPUT_DEVICES
7 in the arch profiles, we get the arch-specific defaults we need without
8 the really hugely ugly indecipherable mess in the ebuilds that nobody
9 can understand besides Josh_B and me. The very strange corner case this
10 doesn't work with is if people manually set VIDEO_CARDS="", then they
11 will no longer get the behavior of pulling in everything. But the
12 default case will still work great.
13
14 I'm going to go ahead with this in the next week or so unless I hear
15 massive objections.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie