From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, robbat2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] renaming gentoo-oldnet
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 17:01:09
1 On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 11:26:16AM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:09:54PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > I'm replying the start of this thread, rather than picking a single
4 > > person to respond to. I DO want more brainstorming on ideas for the
5 > > naming of the package, and I think people need to cast a wider net for
6 > > naming ideas.
7 >
8 > Robin, I would like the decision to be made soon. I need to release
9 > OpenRc-0.12 in the next day or so, and if I do not have the answer I
10 > will have to do the split in OpenRc-0.13.
11 >
12 > I thought of a name based on your last suggestion and a comment on the
13 > list. Instead of networkrc, maybe netifrc (network interface rc).
14 >
15 > So, my choices, in no particular order, would be, netifrc, networkrc or,
16 > if neither of those fly, keep gentoo-oldnet.
17
18 All,
19
20 Robin hasn't responded, so my choice for this is netifrc (network
21 interface rc). Someone made a comment about "rc" implying "old school",
22 RC means "run control". I'm not sure an implication of "old school" is a
23 big concern.
24
25 William