From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger@××××××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Infiniband/OmniPath/iWARP and other RDMA related staff
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:46:41
1 В письме от среда, 29 июня 2016 г. 13:19:06 MSK пользователь Holger Hoffstätte
2 написал:
3 > On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 10:07:07 +0300, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
4 > > Hi all!
5 > >
6 > > I'm going to revive RDMA fabric related things in gentoo. And since its
7 > > not
8 >
9 > Yay!
10 >
11 > > only about infiniband staff but about more generic fabric types there is
12 > > and idea to rename category sys-infiniband to more generic name.
13 > > Suggestions are
14 > >
15 > > sys-rdma
16 > > sys-fabric
17 > >
18 > > What will be inside? It will be RDMA related stuff like OFED, fabric
19 > > userspace drivers (verbs, psm, psm2, libfabric and others), plugins for
20 > > specific devices, tools to flash RDMA cards and other related staff.
21 >
22 > This makes me happy. I've been playing with a standalone libfabric in my
23 > overlay via the sockets/UDP providers, and had nothing but problems when I
24 > tried to add USE flags for the various OFED bits (psm2 etc.)
25
26 Thats is the part of plan =)
29 > An up-to-date libfabric that pulls in ofed only when needed would finally
30 > enable people without the otherwise necessary fabric HW to write against
31 > the much more usable & sane (when compared to raw IB verbs) libfabric APIs.
32 >
33 > As far as the name is concerned IMHO fabric sounds less RDMA-specific;
34 > I think the OFI WG now also prefers implementation-neutral terms.
35
36 In current state i also preffer to rename it to
37
38 sys-fabric
39
40 and put all interconnect related stuff here (yes sys-cluster/knem and sys-
41 cluster/open-mx also should go here)
42
43 So if there will be no objections i will do move in next 2 days
46 > cheers,
47 > Holger
51 Best Regards,
52 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov, PhD
53 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
54 FSBI Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute,
55 Leningrad region, Gatchina, Russia
56 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
57 mailto:alexxy@×××××××××××××.ru
58 mailto:alexxy@g.o