From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets in the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:41:18
1 On 08/14/2013 10:17 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:07:32 +0400
3 > Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
4 >> I am all for the standarts, but as we did not brought sets to PMS
5 >> yet(when we updated it for EAPI changes), my question is: 'why?'. It
6 >> is one of the long-standing feature of quite experimental 2.2_alpha
7 >> branch, that should finally come to release(Thanks to portage team,
8 >> by the way :-)).
9 >>
10 >> Why it was not added as a part of the PMS? Some implementation flaws?
11 >> Or maybe, architecture problems?
12 >
13 > Because the Portage format involves executing arbitrary Python code
14 > that can depend in arbitrary ways upon undocumented Portage internals
15 > that can change between versions.
16 >
17 You keep repeating that.
18