From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.19 going stable in 1 week
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:29:03
1 I will be asking the x86 and amd64 arch teams to mark the latest
2 revision of gentoo-sources-2.6.19 stable in 1 weeks time (Jan 14th).
3
4 This is a 1 week advance warning to maintainers of external kernel
5 modules which are still broken in the stable tree -- fix them, or file
6 new bugs asking for newer versions to go stable and block #156669
7
8 Actually, 1 week is the best-case scenario, since we have a couple of
9 minor regressions which need fixing. Additional pressure comes from the
10 mmap shared page corruption fix, a significant bug which has existed for
11 at least 3 years. Unfortunately the fix has not been backported to older
12 kernels and it's not clear how to do so.
13
14 Daniel
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list