From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Can we stop wasting time and bandwidth? (was: The fallacies of GLEP55)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 21:34:16
1 On Sat, 16 May 2009 15:27:59 -0600
2 Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 > > This is another of those issues where whichever way it's done, some
4 > > people complain.
5 >
6 > As long as you go by the rules those who complain about you doing so
7 > are wrong. I've been told you were not the kind who was afraid of
8 > being right.
9
10 I'm also not the sort of person who's going to waste hours and hours
11 documenting answers to every nonsensical objection that people make up.
12 Most of the objections being raised to GLEP 55 are in the "not even
13 wrong" category -- people are claiming GLEP 55 is bad because invisible
14 green cows are eating the moon.
15
16 > So, what do you think about my proposition ?
17
18 It's pretty clear that objections and voting aren't even being based
19 upon what the GLEP says these days, so I don't see any point.
22 Ciaran McCreesh