From: joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Asus motherboard
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:55:34
1 Howdy all,
2 I have been running several different versions of Gentoo on my system at home
3 and at work, and have had little or no problems with builds (that haven't
4 already been addressed!)
5 But I have been having some problems with SMP and APIC on both my work system
6 (Compaq 1600 with 2 pentium-pro 200's) and my home system (ASUS CUV4 with dual
7 coppermines).
8 As of 2.4.5 ac7 I am now running no problem on the work system, but I have tried
9 quite a few combinations of ac patches and Gentoo patches, and can't seem to get
10 the home system working with APIC enabled. The best I have ever gotten was with
11 ac7, the system boots, but can't grab some of the interrupts and my NIC,
12 soundboard, and usb ports don't work.
13 Do any of you out there in Gentoo land have any experience with this mb and SMP
14 linux ??
15 Thanks
16
17 Joe