From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:32:30
1 Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 >> As opposed to minimal CDs, I would see weekly builds of stage3 tarballs
4 >> to be much more useful.
7 > ++ on that. Rebuilding _everything_ because openssl changed ABI since
8 > the last stage3 install could save users a lot of time/trouble. (that
9 > was just an example)
10 >
11 > Weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly stages feel enough for me :)
12 >
13 > Those could be released as "experimental stages".
14
15 ...which people will still bitch and moan about when broken. People seem to have
16 an unreasonably expectation for everything we release, even if it's
17 "experimental", to work perfectly.
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list