From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 02:33:31
1 Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2
4 >Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 >Stephen P. Becker wrote:
9 >>>So you installed your server without reading *any* documenation? (Don't
10 >>>lie). And you expect that the average user installs a Gentoo server
11 >>>without at least referencing the documentation? Pa-leaze.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>Funny, I've done three fresh installs on my various mips machines in the
15 >>past couple of weeks, and I didn't read even a word of documentation to
16 >>do it.
17 >>
18 >>Besides, if somebody is installing gentoo on a server, do you really
19 >>think that would be their only box? Surely they have a workstation of
20 >>some sort, since a proper server certainly would not be also used as a
21 >>desktop.
25 >And therefore they would have a access to a web browser. Thank you for
26 >helping to explain my point.
29 The point is not about havig access to a web browser, but to have it
30 installed
31 in the respective box reading news.
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list