From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-dns/dnssec-root: Blind stable on arm, critical bug 667774
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:22:14
1 On 20.10.2018 15:19, Andreas Sturmlechner wrote:
2 > On Freitag, 12. Oktober 2018 14:50:55 CEST Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> ARM is not a Gentoo security supported arch.
4 >>
5 >> If the ARM maintainers feel that stable keywords make the lives of
6 >> their users better, and it isn't causing problems for anybody else,
7 >> I'm not sure why we should be interfering with this.
8 > That's interesting. If it's not security supported, does that mean we can
9 > simply clean up vulnerable versions and drop every arm revdep to ~arm?
10 >
11 > Or are we supposed to keep vulnerable versions around and drop every keyword
12 > except arm?
13 >
14 > Either way means extra care for this arch.
19 No, keywords status is irrelevant, it is for the security team meaning
20 that they can
21 release a glsa w/o waiting for the stabilization of the security
22 unsupported arches