From: James Drabb <JDrabb@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Powerdown (Quick Question)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:22:14
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Mario Andres Yepes C [mailto:marioy@×××××××××××××.co]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 12:08 PM
4 > To: gentoo-dev@g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Powerdown (Quick Question)
8 > ACPI (I checked and the bios supports it)
9 >
10 > El Mar 30 Abr 2002 10:18, jurquijo@××××.org escribió:
11 > > When you compiled your kernel, did you choose ACPI or APM?
17 > > Mario Andres Yepes C <marioy@×××××××××××××.co> on
18 > 04/30/2002 11:05:33 AM
19 > >
20 > > Please respond to gentoo-dev@g.o
21 > >
22 > > To: gentoo-dev@g.o
23 > > cc: (bcc: Julian Urquijo/NYSO/US)
24 > > Subject: [gentoo-dev] Powerdown (Quick Question)
30 > > I've just installed gentoo in my PC but I have a problem...
31 > the pc wont
32 > > poweroff.
33 > >
34 > > I have tried with:
35 > > poweroff
36 > > halt -p
37 > > shutdown -h now
38 > > halt
39 > > shutdown
40 > >
41 > > I have instaled linux Mandrake 8.2 in the same computer
42 > (another partition)
43 > > and it powersoff just fine.
44 > >
45 > > Is this something that I have to do in a configuration file
46 > or maybe is a
47 > > kernel compilation issue??
48 > >
49 > > Thanks in advance
50
51 Configure your kernel with apm and choose enable pm at boot time
52 and then when you type "shutdown -h now" it should poweroff for you.
53
54 Jim Drabb
58 Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away
60 James Drabb JR
61 Programmer Analyst
62 Darden Restaurants
63 Business Systems