From: Markus Krainer <markus-krainer@××××××.at>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] postscript output for man pages
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:41:21
1 Hi!
2
3 To print nicely formatted man pages I'm used to have "man -t"
4 produce postscript output (as it should be the default behaviour
5 of the -t option).
6
7 From the man man-page:
8
9 -t Use /usr/bin/groff -Tps -mandoc to format the man-
10 ual page, passing the output to stdout. The output
11 from /usr/bin/groff -Tps -mandoc may need to be
12 passed through some filter or another before being
13 printed.
16 I wonder, if there's a reason why this isn't the default of the
17 man.conf file supplied with the current man ebuild. (the TROFF
18 variable is set to 'troff -mandoc' instead of 'groff -Tps -mandoc').
19
20 Could this be changed? (Of course I changed my man.conf, but some
21 others may stumble about this, too.)
22
23 -Markus-
24
25 BTW:
26 There seems to be an error in the emerge manual:
27 # man emerge > /dev/null
28 troff: automatically ending diversion `an-div´ on exit