From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New maintainers needed
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:48:56
1 For various reasons I can no longer maintain the following packages (in
2 fact I haven't really maintained them for a while already), so they
3 need a new maintainer:
4
5 * app-editors/zoink - simple gtk based editor, little to no maintenance
6 required
7 * dev-util/gambas - Visual Basic look-alike for Linux, fairly active
8 development (2.0 is about to come out), doesn't work on 64bit archs
9 (only known to work on x86), has a number of open bugs
10
11 Also I'm going to remove myself from the tools-portage team as I
12 haven't done much there either, which effectively only leaves
13 Paul (fuzzyray) on it, who is also somewhat inactive recently, so we
14 could use a few new people there as well.
15
16 Finally at the beginning of this year I started to convert packages
17 from einfo to elog where appropriate, unfortuntely I haven't been able
18 to complete that job, if anyone is interested in completing it please
19 let me know (I guess it's currently about 40-60% done).
20
21 Marius
26 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
27 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.