From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Daniel Armyr <daniel.armyr@××××.se>, gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:25:02
1 The first gentoo install I did was an ~20M iso that kicked off a stage
2 1. Maybe we need a 3rd split of the install cd - minimal, full and
3 games? This is not about cribbing a few bytes from /nano/vi/vim, but
4 about a return to the older philosophy of a dedicated kickstart,
5 download (usually ahead of time), the stage tarball and go, instead of
6 the everything on cd it has become. Something that would fit on a 64m
7 pendrive would be cool.
8
9 BillK
10