From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Artwork
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:12:50
1 On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 14:44 +0200, Timothy Redaelli wrote:
2 > IIRC the problem is only for the Windows icons
3 > http://web.archive.org/web/20060223065658/www.gentoo.org/dyn/icons/WIN.xml
4
5 ...and IE, and Mozilla, and Google, and...
6
7 Most of those icons were made and put up with absolutely no regard to
8 trademarks, copyrights, or licensing. Rather than try to determine
9 which were "legal" we decided to pull them. The Artwork project will be
10 fully able to make a replacement set, and we'll expect them to adhere to
11 any legal issues that may arise. If there's question about a particular
12 icon being used, it can be deferred to the trustees to determine.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
17 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
18 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
19 Gentoo Foundation