From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prioritising contact information in metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 03:57:05
1 >>>>> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Luis Francisco Araujo wrote:
2
3 > | One other thing is that it is sometimes difficult to figure out to
4 > | whom a bug should be assigned, because metadata.xml for many packages
5 > | simply isn't clear. If you list a few developers as well as a herd,
6 > | does that mean you want bugs assigned to the herd or to a single
7 > | developer who happens to be in that list? Some packages list several
8 > | herds in metadata.xml. Bugs can be assigned to just one address
9
10 > I'd say that in the case of a herd listed , the bug should be sent
11 > there.
12
13 A common case is a herd plus a specific maintainer, and I think then
14 it should be assigned to the maintainer, with a CC to the herd's team.
15
16 > If it doesn't specify a herd but several developers, sending the bug
17 > to any or all of them should be the rule.
18
19 In this case, it should be assigned to the first developer listed, and
20 all others in CC.
21
22 Ulrich
23 --