From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: stable-bot is down. Temporary? Forever? Can we have a contacts page for it?
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 11:27:35
1 Sorry for the late reply here.
2
3 On 10/3/19 1:43 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
4 > On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 12:29 AM Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >> I noticed that stable-bot stopped marking bugs as verified for stbilization.
7 >> Example:
8 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/695252
9 >>
10 >> 1. Is it gone forever and arch teams should stop relying on it's presence?
11
12 There was some temporary, unintentional breakage which regrettably I did
13 not notice. Thanks to whissi for pinging me.
14
15 >> 2. If not can the owner tweak it?
16
17 stable-bot has since returned to normal service.
18
19 >> 3. Can we have a wiki page that describes the setup and who to send reports to?
20 >> Doc would be useful to run it locally, send bugs/enhancements, post current
21 >> status if it's known to be broken.
22
23 I agree, this is long overdue.
24
25 > It looks like it is working now, but I think we really should know a few things:
26 >
27 > (1) Who maintains it
28
29 That is me.
30
31 > (2) Where the code is
32 Due to slacking on my part, the code currently just lives on my server.
33 The intention has always been to clean it up and publish it with the
34 client at https://github.com/kensington/bugbot.
35
36 > (3) and perhaps what happened to bring it down
37 vixie-cron got last-rited and I neglected to configure its placement
38 correctly.