From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:19:35
1 On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:34:21 +0100
2 "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > People reporting bugs often get annoyed when their bug is marked
5 > INVALID; especially when they're relatively new to the Gentoo
6 > Experience. We've all seen it many times, I'm sure.
7 >
8 > Arguably no bug is invalid in the normal sense - if someone raises an
9 > issue, they have an issue, regardless what we think of it. To that
10 > end I'd like to propose bugzilla be reconfigured to use the phrase
11 > "NOCHANGE" instead of "INVALID". NOCHANGE would indicate that
12 > whatever the original issue, no change is needed on our part to
13 > resolve the issue.
14
15 _If_ it's changed then please to something else, NOCHANGE would overlap
16 with other values (WONTFIX, CANTFIX, WORKSFORME) and isn't that obvious
17 to me at least. A fake resolution that's mentioned on IRC from time to
18 time is NOTABUG which would fit better here.
19
20 Marius
25 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
26 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.