From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 'ML' project (dev-ml/*) needs your help!
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 12:03:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been recently informed by an user that our OCaml packages are not
4 receiving updates. Upon contacting ML team, it was confirmed that all
5 current development is happening in overlay and the project lead is not
6 interested in merging it back [1].
7
8 Therefore, I'm issuing a call for volunteers. If you're interested
9 in keeping OCaml in Gentoo and are able to spare some time on it, please
10 by all means join the project and start fixing stuff.
11
12 If you're not interested in maintaining only some OCaml packages, then
13 please by all means take them over and give them some love. In both
14 cases, thanks in advance for all your help.
15
16 If there are no volunteers, I will probably start last riting dev-ml/*
17 packages that have no end-user reverse dependencies. Then I will
18 disband the project and move the remaining packages to maintainer-
19 needed.
20
21 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/695782
24 Best regards,