From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in games-board/stockfish: stockfish-6.ebuild metadata.xml Manifest ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 17:10:23
1 On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > Ben de Groot (yngwin):
3 >> yngwin 15/02/05 20:09:33
4 >>
5 >> Added: stockfish-6.ebuild metadata.xml Manifest ChangeLog
6 >> Log:
7 >> Initial commit (bug #318337)
11 >> EAPI=5
12 >> inherit toolchain-funcs
15 > This breaks consistency. Now users cannot rely on games.eclass anymore.
16 > We should either abandon it completely or follow it consistently.
17
18 Per the Council decision, this is strictly up to the maintainer's discretion.
19
20 I'm all for a more sensible solution. If you want to help form one I
21 suggest joining the games team. As of the last call I don't believe
22 anybody stepped up to join it.
23
24 The fact that the current state is inconsistent has been pointed out
25 numerous times already, and was known by the Council at the time the
26 interim policy was decided on. The only real virtue of the current
27 state is that it is less broken than the previous state. It was our
28 hope that those interested in Gentoo games would step up and come up
29 with something better, rather than having the council micromanage the
30 games team. If you are interested in games, then I suggest being a
31 part of this. If you aren't interested in games, then I'm not sure
32 why we're having this conversation.
35 Rich