From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why does emerge give up too easily?
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 18:38:42
1 Peter Ruskin wrote:
2
3 > My point is that I will probably be able to emerge, for example,
4 > sane-backends separately, but if the first package in "These are the
5 > packages that I would merge, in order" fails, the `emerge -u world`
6 > command is thereafter useless. Why won't it skip failures?
9 Because the other packages may still depend on it (eg. Galeon-1.2.7
10 depends on mozilla-1.2).
11
12 If you choose to use unstable stuff atm you have to stop using -u world,
13 because it most likely will downgrade stuff.
14
15 - foser
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list