From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage: good news and bad news
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 13:59:26
1 On 7 Jul 2002, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 > Hi Devs:
4 >
5 > Bad news: I found a significant bug in Portage 2.0.10 and earlier that
6 > could cause masking to work improperly, particularly if a package has a
7 > ~ entry in the profile's packages file.
8 >
9 > Good news: I've fixed the problem in Portage 2.0.11 by rewriting
10 > portage.py's portdbapi xmatch() and visible() methods. This has
11 > resulted in a 44% speed-up in dependency calculations over Portage
12 > 2.0.10. If you thought things were fast before...
13 >
14 > More good news: I've improved repoman to differentiate between
15 > user-visible ebuilds with bad dependencies and masked ebuilds with bad
16 > dependencies. When checking dependencies, user-visible ebuilds'
17 > dependencies are only matched against user-visible ebuilds. But when
18 > masked ebuilds are checked, deps are satisfied using *all* available
19 > ebuilds. This should eliminate virtually all false positives in the
20 > repoman DEPEND and RDEPEND QA tests. Type "repoman --help" for more
21 > information on these new changes.
22 >
23 > Enjoy!
26 I still cannot get the new portage when I sync.
27
28 Does someone have the same problem?
29
30 Paul