From: Brad Laue <brad@g.o>
To: Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] request for comments: move to stable
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:06:21
1 Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > Yes, win4lin doesn't have problems with that combination: winex does.
3 >
4 > Win4Lin won't work yet with the later kernels that would allow NPTL and
5 > therefor winex.
6
7 Logic dictates that if WineX only worked with systems running NPTL
8 enabled glibc, and the only kernel capable of supporting it is highly
9 experimental, it wouldn't sell many copies at all.
10
11 I've used WineX with four versions of glibc, none of which were using a
12 2.5 kernel, nor did they have NPTL enabled.
13
14 It'll be fine - trust me I'm a lawyer ;)
15
16 Brad
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list