From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-sound/umurmur: metadata.xml ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:25:15
1 On 12/25/2013 02:16 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
4 >> You are interfering with my workflow and I already told you why I kept
5 >> the useflag, so stop reverting my commits after I told you the reasons
6 >> in a private mail.
7 >
8 > Eh, it's been two days, and the temporary issue is still there ...
9 >
10 > Fix your workflow not to rely on repoman warnings being nonfatal, then I
11 > won't have any reason to annoy you.
12 >
13 > (And I thought that was a one-time oopsie, not an issue that'll appear
14 > more often)
15 >
16 >> QA is more than just running repoman and doing random commits on other
17 >> peoples ebuilds.
18 >
19 > Being a dev is more than just doing your thing and ignoring the rest.
20 > I'm getting tired of cleaning up behind people (not only you, it's on
21 > average 2 issues a day I have to figure out and either fix or file
22 > bugs). Don't expect any lenience or tolerance as long as the average is
23 > that bad, I just prune the list of repoman warnings and errors down as
24 > far as possible.
25 >
26 > (Today alone I filed 4 bugs for gnome [incomplete gnome-3.6 removal],
27 > had to clean up after a stabilization bug [cups-filters], fixed a ruby
28 > package that had now unsatisfiable ruby_targets [fxruby] ... and maybe
29 > I've even forgotten a thing or two there. See how you adding random
30 > spurious warnings is not improving my mood? ;) )
31 >
32 > Have a nice pagan ritual day,
36 That is funny that you mention "cleaning up". I remember last time when
37 you broke 8 ebuilds at once because you just trusted your outdated
38 repoman warning to be correct. You didn't even file a BUG for me, you
39 did not contact me and after I told you that it was wrong and that you
40 should revert it, you didn't.
41
42 That's what I call "ignoring the rest". You do not communicate, you do
43 not file bugs, you just go and do stuff.