From: Corentin Chary <iksaif@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] euscan: Need to add more upstream info in metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:05:49
1 On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> wrote:
2 > Having done some debian packaging for work, I find watch files from
3 > debian really helpful. Changing the format to a XML compatible one does
4 > not seem like a hard work so I'll probably leave that up for others to
5 > discuss.
6 >
7 > Since you are proposing this, a side question is:
8 > Why should we write SRC_URI in ebuilds if that info is now available in
9 > metadata.xml ? (granted that we might still want to keep over-riding
10 > this information in ebuilds)
11
12 It's not (only) SRC_URI, sometime it's completly different, sometimes
13 <watch> would contain only versionmangle since SRC_URI contains
14 enought informations for euscan... SRC_URI serves a totally different
15 purpose :).
18 Corentin Chary
19 http://xf.iksaif.net