From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Cynede <cynede@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Discord
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:05:02
1 On 4/30/19 9:05 AM, Cynede wrote:
2 > Right, alike reddit, twitter, facebook and other PR channels. It's
3 > "official" because it's controlled by PR Gentoo team,
4
5 No, that does not make anything official. Official would mean a place we
6 would place an announcement ourselves and mostly comes down to our
7 website and the announce mailing list.
8
9 Basically; What is considered an official communication channel should
10 be analogous to SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure (FD).
11
12 Now, that Gentoo developers in some way have anything to do with other
13 channels is a good thing, but its not an official communication channel
14 for Gentoo.
17 Kristian Fiskerstrand
18 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
19 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3