From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting Thursday October 13th
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:48:19
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:36:36 +0200 Marcin Kryczek <mkay@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > | someone (sorry - but i can't remind who exactly and i can't find that
6 > | mail) mentiond it'd be nice to have some ~weekly summary of important
7 > | (for developers) decisions made in community.
8 > | i think it's good idea, becouse there's often just to many mails to
9 > | read (well - we can fix some bugs in that time;>) and we can miss
10 > | something we certainly shouldn't:|
11 > | council could decide if it's worth to try and put some herd (GDP?) to
12 > | be responsible for it.
13
14 There are many ways to fix this. Forcing some group to do it is not a
15 solution. One work in progress (that will be proposed in a GLEP) is to
16 change the current ML system to add a dev announcement list that would
17 let everyone know of current discussions and decisions without requiring
18 to follow endless threads. That may cut the "required reading"
19 sufficiently so that a weekly summary is not necessary.
20
21 > Isn't the idea that someone writes out a draft GLEP and gets it
22 > discussed on -dev (and repeats said process until everyone is happy
23 > with the GLEP) *before* pushing things to the council?
24
25 It's certainly the idea. It should be at least put into words and
26 discussed in the community before being voted on.
29 Koon
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list