From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Custom profiles
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:11:02
1 On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 12:21:39AM -0500, Cedric Veilleux wrote:
2 > What is the most elegant way to use a custom profile in portage?
3 >
4 > Emerge rsync will delete it if I place it under /usr/portage right? If I
5 > change the symbolic link in /etc/make.profile to point to another directory,
6 > would it cause eventual problems? Would updates to baselayout and such
7 > replace /etc/make.profile back to /usr/portage/profiles?
8
9 i would make /usr/local/profiles and place them there. You will need to maintain
10 your profiles, eg make sure they are up-to-date. Then use PORTAGE_OVERLAY=" \
11 /usr/portage/profiles" Updates to baselayout will not hose your /etc/make.profile
12 as the baselayout ebuild doesn't know which arch/release you want to use.
13
14 HTH
17 Jack Morgan
18 Gentoo-Sparc Developer http://www.gentoo.org/~jmorgan