From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a generic solution to non-USE-conditional circular deps
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:19:39
1 On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:28:31 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > I think the simplest solution would be to develop a generic USE flag
4 > that would only serve the purpose of forcing bundled dependencies for
5 > bootstrapping/initial install.
6
7 Algorithm?
8
9 > We have already:
10 >
11 > build - !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used for
12 > creating build images and the first half of bootstrapping [make
13 > stage1]
14 >
15 > bootstrap - !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used
16 > during original system bootstrapping [make stage2]
17 >
18 > However, since both are marked for 'internal use only', I don't think
19 > it's a good idea to use them here. So I guess we need a new flag. Does
20 > anyone have suggestions how to name it?
21
22 Incidentally, if those were all migrated to USE_EXPAND_HIDDEN, the dire
23 warnings wouldn't need to be so visible...
26 Ciaran McCreesh