From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] PORTAGE_GPG_KEY strictness
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:22:58
1 On 10/17/2012 12:16 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:54:04 +0000
3 > "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
4 >> As such, we've decided to make the PORTAGE_GPG_KEY strictly enforce what
5 >> was originally intended.
6 >>
7 >> - You must specify a key or subkey exactly.
8 >> - The leading "0x" is optional.
9 >> - If you want to use a subkey, per the PGP specifications, you must
10 >> suffix your keyid with "!".
11 >> - Your keyid is exactly: 8, 16, 24, 32 xor 40 hexdigits long.
12 >
13 > Isn't that fixing the issue from the wrong end?
14 >
15 > I agree that the keyids in commit messages should follow some kind
16 > of spec. But I rather think that portage should be modified to convert
17 > any supported argument to follow that spec rather than the spec being
18 > forced into the configuration file.
19
20 If you file a bug and tell me what gpg commands to run, then I'll add it
21 to repoman.
22
23 > Also, will that matter anymore after the git conversion?
24
25 The repoman PORTAGE_GPG_KEY validation is only triggered if layout.conf
26 does not specify "sign-manifests = false":
27
28 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=d40c242a4c9a9b666fd8730734b149bce2dd7cd9
29 --
30 Thanks,