From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
To: Benjamin Podszun <ben@××××××××××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Performance once again..
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:22:26
1 On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 18:35, Benjamin Podszun wrote:
2
3 > Yes, I don't doubt it. But I copied the php.ini, apache-config-files and
4 > I don't see the difference. The only thing I see is that apache sucks up
5 > to 99% CPU (I don't know if it was the same on the Debian system,
6 > honestly) and the server stops responding to any requests while the load
7 > drops to ~ 0 ..
8 >
9 > Ben
10
11 PHP is a major troublemaker; I've had it cause the same situations with
12 apache from Linux to FreeBSD and beyond; I'm not familiar with the
13 compile-time options Debian provides for the mod_php .debs; are you
14 using default USE flags or paring down PHP with them so that it only
15 includes those additions you require?
16
17 Maybe that will help.
18
19 The thread has become huge, apologies if I'm making this suggestion a
20 second time :P
21
22 Brad
25 // -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //