From: "Bjarke Sørensen" <bs@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IRC on install CD
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:59:08
1 On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:12:02PM +0200, Jose Alberto Suarez Lopez wrote:
2 > |Here's an interesting idea I heard on IRC (from kraylus): provide a
3 > |console-based IRC client on the install CD so you can immediately chat
4 > on
5 > |#gentoo for install problems. (with a little entry in install.txt that
6 > |explains how to use it)
7
8 little?
9
10 > |Only, I don't know anything about console-based IRC apps, so I wouldn't
11 > |know which one is best. pmjorange suggested irssi.
12
13 irssi is a good no-nonsense choice.
14 though a config and the stuff mentioned by Jonas should be included
15 (non-root environment).
16
17 > and add too links or lynx(www navigator) and mpg123 or mpg321?
18
19 And in the end I would need to install Gentoo, but merely boot the CD.
20 I hope you are _not_ serious about mpg.
21
22 links and Lynx are reasonable, but the cd-player has been invented.
26 | Bjarke Sørensen / 9000.WASD
27 |
28 | There are 10 types of people in this world:
29 | Those who understand binary, and those who don't.