From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI in metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:12:52
1 Le vendredi 10 août 2012 à 16:21 +0200, Jeroen Roovers a écrit :
2 > On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:03:23 +0200
3 > Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Since you are proposing this, a side question is:
6 > > Why should we write SRC_URI in ebuilds if that info is now available
7 > > in metadata.xml ? (granted that we might still want to keep
8 > > over-riding this information in ebuilds)
9
10 I was not suggesting to erase SRC_URI from all ebuilds but for things
11 that have well defined rules like gnome packages, defining SRC_URI is
12 mostly a useless excercise.
15 5) The inversion of your question: Why should we start handling SRC_URI
16 > outside ebuilds and eclasses? Or, how would that be practical,
17 > advantageous, an improvement on the current situation.
20 I will add against my own question that eclasses currently handle this
21 (see gnome.org eclass) very well. So maybe there is nothing to debate
22 here :)