From: Mathy Vanvoorden <mathy@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Value of Continuous integration vs Code Review / Pull Requests
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 08:54:07
1 Op di 2 jun. 2020 om 10:47 schreef Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>:
2
3 > 1. This is not free software.
6 It was not clear for me if this was a requirement or not. The license is
7 free for open source projects. I don't see the difference between companies
8 offering CE versions of their commercial products, they also "take
9 advantage" of the communities' contributions.
10
11 2. Atlassian has done a few very bad moves lately, and they're unlikely
12 > to survive on the market for very long.
15 I'm not sure what you are talking about, they have their faults but if they
16 were headed for real problems I'd probably have heard about it and would
17 not consider proposing it.
18
19 3. The whole point of having something self-hosted is not to rely
20 > on third party hosting it for us.
23 I'm talking about self-hosted too, not their cloud offering. Bamboo isn't
24 even available in the cloud.
27 Best Regards,
28 Mathy