From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Distro Day (Measuring the benefits of the Gentoo approach)"
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:04:52
1 The only thing I had wrong with the article was that different machines were
2 used. Which was even mentioned when the author was discussing the problems
3 with the IDE cable. At work I've bought computers in batches before and seen
4 very wide variances amongst components that you would think would be close
5 (due to them being from the same lots). I don't if the next tests you (and
6 the author) are planning will take place on the same box, but I would try to
7 if I were you ( I know it takes a long time, but it adds credibility). As far
8 as the CFLAGS for a P4, I can't help you there. I'm all AMD's and Via C3's :)
9
10 --Brian Jackson
11