From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] packages to grab
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 15:40:30
1 On 01/07/2016 07:50 AM, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
2 > Dear everyone,
3 >
4 > due to changes in real life I need to cut back vastly my day to day
5 > maintainer work starting in February. So far I have no clue how much
6 > time I can devote to Gentoo in nearer future.
7 >
8 > I will move all packages I maintain [1] to the associated projects if
9 > possible. All devs are free to take what ever you are interested in. I
10 > am also happy to proxy contributors if they like to maintain a package.
11 >
12 > My plan is to focus more on task which I can handle more flexible.
13 >
14 > Regarding the projects I am involved in I have the following ideas:
15 >
16 > _Recruiters_
17 >
18 > We are again actively looking for someone who is doing the review
19 > session. The candidate should have solid knowledge about the various
20 > aspects for Gentoo reaching from packaging to institutional aspects.
21 > Further, you should be able to work with inexperienced contributors
22 > and have fun teaching the necessary bits.
23 >
24 > Secondly, I would like to work strategically on our recruitment
25 > process. This includes reworking of the quizzes and a general
26 > assessment of the process as well as new options. We won't change
27 > anything over night, but I really think we can do simpler and better.
28 >
29 > In case you are interested in either topic, feel free to drop a mail
30 > to recruiters@g.o.
31 >
32 > _Science_
33 >
34 > We are understaffed for a long time. So in case you like to join feel
35 > free to do so. This is also and especially directed to the community.
36 > I strongly encourage you to contribute via PR to the overlay or the
37 > main gentoo.git. If you have proven yourself in contributions and
38 > still nobody encouraged you to become a full dev, don't hesitate to
39 > express your wish and we will manage your recruitment.
40 >
41 > _Council_
42 >
43 > My council duties should not be affected.
44 >
45 > _Other project_
46 >
47 > For the time being, I need to drop most work there.
48 >
49 > Cheers,
50 > Justin
51 >
52 > 1)
53 > http://euscan.gentooexperimental.org/maintainers/jlec%40gentoo.org/
56 gonna take these unless anyone yells at me.
57
58 modified: app-admin/ansible/metadata.xml
59 modified: app-arch/p7zip/metadata.xml
60 modified: dev-python/ipaddress/metadata.xml
61 modified: dev-python/lz4/metadata.xml
62 modified: dev-python/mysqlclient/metadata.xml
63 modified: net-fs/nfstest/metadata.xml
64 modified: sys-process/iotop/metadata.xml
67 Matthew Thode
70 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)