From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proper commit messages
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:51:29
1 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:23:20 +0000 Markus Rothe <corsair@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Stephen Bennett wrote:
4 | > On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:36:18 +0000
5 | > Markus Rothe <corsair@g.o> wrote:
6 | >
7 | > > Personaly I find it a little bit annoying to write changes twise.
8 | > > One time in Changelog and one time in --commitmsg. How about
9 | > > using the commitmsg for Changelog as default, but if a Changelog
10 | > > entry already exists, then write nothing to Changelog.
11 | >
12 | > I'm sure you can manage to write a bash function to call echangelog
13 | > and repoman commit with the same message.
14 |
15 | Sure, I can and the other mail shows that it is *realy* simple, but
16 | why should every dev write his own "script", when this could be done
17 | once for all?
18
19 Isn't this one of those things that's best done on a per-dev basis?
20 It's so trivial there's no point shipping an app that does it --
21 reading the associated documentation would take longer than writing
22 your own. Plus that way you can incorporate personalised clever things
23 such as auto keyword messages for arch teams
26 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
27 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
28 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm