From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:02:15
1 On Tuesday 27 October 2009 02:07:02 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:48:39 +0200 Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > > James Cloos wrote:
4 > > > When you first psoted this list I noticed some (or several?) live
5 > > > ebuilds. Git-9999 is the one I remember.
6 > > >
7 > > > Those should not get nuked during global cleanups, as they are likely
8 > > > to be in active use notwithstanding their keywording or masking.
9 > >
10 > > Their maintainers should be active and switch their ebuilds to EAPI 2.
11 > > If they don't have an active maintainer, then do we want to keep live
12 > > ebuilds for them around?
13 >
14 > Your stated goal was to remove unused ebuilds, which live ebuilds are not,
15 > regardless of the status of the maintainer. And I'm pretty sure git has an
16 > active maintainer. :P
17
18 indeed. you really should file bugs for these instead of deleting ebuilds on
19 people who missed a thread on gentoo-dev.
20 -mike