From: aye <aye@××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:55:49
1 On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 05:34:52PM -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 15:05, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
3 > OK, the script has been rewritten to use sysfs now. Please try it
4 > again. Hopefully scsi detection should work now :). Currently it
5 > should detect anything in /sys/bus/{scsi,ide}/devices. If there is
6 > anything besides scsi and ide that needs to be detected, please let me
7 > know.
8 >
9 > I hope this works...
10 > Nathaniel
11 >
12 Your devices are detected by this script as:
13 /dev/hdc
14 /dev/hdb
15 /dev/hda
16
17 it doesn't detect my cdrom, which is /dev/hdd and is listed in
18 /sys/bus/ide/devices/ (i'm not sure if it's intentional). it also
19 doesn't detect my lvm2's volumes (but it's propably ok, since script
20 should only detect disks, not partitions)
21
22 <root@CogES>~: ls /sys/bus/ide/devices/
23 0.0 0.1 1.0 1.1
24
25 <root@CogES>~: cat /proc/partitions
26 major minor #blocks name
27
28 3 0 58615704 hda
29 3 1 6176961 hda1
30 3 2 3895762 hda2
31 3 3 200812 hda3
32 3 4 1 hda4
33 3 5 3903763 hda5
34 3 6 9767488 hda6
35 3 7 9767488 hda7
36 3 8 9767488 hda8
37 3 9 15133198 hda9
38 3 64 78150744 hdb
39 22 0 6353235 hdc
40 22 1 1542208 hdc1
41 22 2 1 hdc2
42 22 5 4803403 hdc5
43 254 0 38887424 dm-0
44 254 1 9437184 dm-1
49 "Life's a bitch and so am I, the world owes me, so fuck you." - Green Day
50 PoLiSh YoUr EnGlIsH:
51 KIOSK RUCHU - LITTLE BUSINESS OF MOVEMENT
55 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list