From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installing COPYING or LICENSE files
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:15:58
1 On Monday 26 December 2005 15:02, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > It's just that usually the
3 > INSTALL file is not really useful unless you are manually installing the
4 > package from sources and then you will have the INSTALL file in there
5 > with the sources.
6 Yeah, and in that case I usually judge it useless and avoid installing it.
7 For the (rare) exceptions, I'd rather newdoc it with another name such as
8 SETUP or something like that, would probably also help users to find useful
9 informations.
10
11 I'd add ABOUT-NLS files to the list of useless, as that usually just reflect
12 the status of GNU project translations on a given gettext release... I'd
13 rather just see it installed by gettext package itself.
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
17 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE