From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-db/freetds
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 02:16:03
1 At 2004-05-28T00:00:34+0200, foser <foser@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 22:14 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 > > > It is questionable in itself that this package clearly had a lot of
4 > > > maintenance after the introduction of metadata and it still has no
5 > > > metadata.xml & set maintainership trough a herd.
6 > >
7 > > Somehow, I doubt that this is particularly rare.
8 >
9 > I doubt it too, but it still is bad that it happens. Maybe this raises
10 > awareness once again.
11
12 I notice that the example herd in metadata.xml.skel is "no-herd". Is
13 this an acceptable default when no herd has yet accepted maintainership?
14 What about a default maintainer? Perhaps "nobody@g.o" I realize
15 that such entries probably look bad out of context, but it might help
16 raise flags where somebody needs to step in and take maintainership.
19 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
20 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
21 --Ghost in the Shell