From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /boot/boot -> /boot
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 15:39:58
1 On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 10:45:31PM +0300, Jonas Berlin wrote:
2 > To avoid this /boot/boot thing and still keep software that expect stuff to
3 > be under /boot on the boot partition happy, I suggest the following setup:
4 >
5 > ln -s /boot /boot/boot
6 >
7 > I.e. /boot/boot is a symlink to /boot
8
9 That solution will only work if grub follows symbolic links; I'm not sure if
10 that's the case. Have you tested this? I assume that with the symlink in place,
11 you'd move the grub directory out of /boot/boot and into /boot?
14 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
15 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
16 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.