From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eselect init
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:48:40
1 On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 06:10:27PM +0100, Steven J. Long wrote:
2 > Fabio Erculiani wrote:
3 > > - only init is currently handled by eselect-init, which is now using a
4 > > very small wrapper POSIX shell script to redirect the calls to the
5 > > currently running init
6 >
7 > How does say, switching inittab format, work under this setup?
8
9 I think this is a separate issue -- if busybox init's inittab is a
10 different format than sysvinbb's inittab, it should also use a different
11 file name, e.g. bb-inittab or something similar.
12
13 bb could fall back to inittab, but I think it should look for something
14 liike bb-inittab first. That way eselect init wouldn't have to worry
15 about it at all.
16
17 William