From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Good-bye
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:54:54
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Seemant Kulleen wrote:
5 > Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
6 >
7 > The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
8 > meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
9 > bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
10 > myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
11 > two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
12 > was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
13 > proxy maintainership for them.
14 >
15 > I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
16 > suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
17 > people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.
20 :(
21
22 Where's Uncle Seemant when we need him to convince someone to stay on
23 Gentoo? Uncle Seemant, please have a little talk with Seemant.
24
25 > I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
26 > be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
27 > email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
28 > org
29 >
30 > I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
31 > there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
32 > optimism.
33 >
34 > Be well, everyone.
37 Seemant, it was a pleasure to talk with you and I will certainly miss
38 your presence around here. Best wishes for your future endeavours. I do
39 hope the Gentoo bug catches you soon again, though ;-)
40
41 > Thanks,
42 >
43 > Seemant
47 Be well!
48
49 - --
50 Regards,
51
52 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
53 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC
62 --
63 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list