From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] nagois (netsaint) ebuild.
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:48:45
1 I'm almost done with this, but a few things crept up on me. the
2 main problem is that I don't have (and won't anytime soon) have
3 either MySQL or Postgresql around to test the database interface.
4 if anyone is willing to make the ebuild work with databases, I'd be
5 very happy. ;-)
6
7 secondly, how do we do this in the ebuild? nagios accepts quite a
8 few flags telling it to use a database backend, but I _think_ it
9 detects the database automatically if it's there. if not, should
10 the ebuild itself check for the installation of either database by
11 looking for the executable, or some such ickyness? we don't have an
12 appropriate USE flag, do we?
13
14 and I've currently stolen UID and GID 91 for nagios to use. any
15 pointers on how to formally go about allocating system UIDs is
16 greatly appreciated.
17
18 oh, and I also wonder if I should set the nagios web- and cgi-path
19 to something under /var/www or just let the user fix that. there is
20 enough setup to be done anyway, and creating and fixing the
21 appropriate directories (and hopefully adding some access control)
22 might as well be left to the user... or?
25 Terje