From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] */*: Mask Py2 only packages
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 20:08:30
1 On Wed, 2020-06-24 at 16:03 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 3:04 PM Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o> wrote:
3 > > > On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > > Sure, you can use the portage API to find this info. However, that is
5 > > > > as easy to do for a list of all impacted packages in the tree with
6 > > > > their maintainers as for any individual maintainer to obtain this info
7 > > > > for their own packages.
8 > >
9 > > I'm appealing to a more proactive maintenance, not in search for excuses why
10 > > it is not like that. And ftr I don't mean trying to be "first!" on every
11 > > upstream version bump; it is just that the python topic has come up often
12 > > enough that it should have sparked individual head scratching at one point or
13 > > another.
14 > >