From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-forensics/zzuf: ChangeLog zzuf-0.13.ebuild
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:32:15
1 On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:48:32 +0100
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > And I'd appreciate it if PMS would stop refusing to document FEATURES.
4 > (Double negative? I mean: PMS should document reality)
5
6 PMS does document reality: FEATURES can't be used by ebuilds since its
7 values aren't reliable. Tests have to be made for the thing that
8 actually causes the problem, not a variable that indicates that the
9 user requested but may not have been given the thing that causes the
10 problem.
11
12 But then, we've had this discussion before, and you already know that,
13 so you're just trying to stir up trouble again.
16 Ciaran McCreesh